Legal matters pertaining to family law can be both complex and emotional. If you are going through divorce, child custody, property distribution, estate planning, or other family-related issue, you know. You also know you need an experienced family law lawyer who understands every facet of the law and will represent your side with your best interests and legal rights at the forefront.
The Law Office of Lance H. Meyer provides all the legal representation you need. The Law Office of Lance H. Meyer, a leading law firm in the New York City & Long Island Area, provides quality legal representation in all areas of family law, and puts the client’s interests and priorities first. We strive to always advocate on your behalf and provide vigorous legal representation that gets favorable results, both in and out of court.
Practice Areas of the Law Office of Lance H. Meyer
We have a thorough understanding of the court system throughout the greater New York City & Long Island Area, including Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island, and Westchester. Our practice areas are comprehensive and include:
- Family Law – Disputes and disagreements arise that are best settled with proper and thorough legal counsel and representation, whether for divorce, custody of your children, petition for alimony, or any aspect of family law.
- Divorce Law – Emotion can easily get in the way during a divorce proceeding. Our divorce law services seek what is fair and equitable for our clients, while providing quality legal representation that remains focused on treating all parties involved with respect.
- Child Custody – When it comes to making decisions about child custody and child visitation, parents are not always able to reach an amicable resolution. The courts of New York State always focus on the best interests of the child (children); we help you through the entire legal process and make sure you are properly represented.
- Child Support – The laws of New York State around child support are clear: A non-custodial parent must pay child support calculated on the basis of their income and other factors. We support this process on your behalf – whether you need to collect child support or are the parent facing child support payment – to ensure payments are fair and all they should be.
- Spousal Support/Alimony – A variety of factors go into the decision of how much spousal support must be paid. We represent your interests – to either make certain you receive the full amount to which you are entitled or that you pay what is just and fair.
- Equitable Property Distribution – The law requires marital property to be distributed equitably between two parties who are divorcing. In representing you, we consider every legal factor that goes into the decision process for distributing property.
- Same-sex Marriage/Divorce – We understand the nuances and intricacies that accompany a same-sex marriage and/or divorce situation, and provide the legal support that represents your best interests.
- Pre-/Post-nuptial Agreements – Regardless of the strength of your love and bond with your future spouse, we believe that legal planning for a potential divorce is wise. We structure pre- or post-nuptial agreements to protect your assets in the unfortunate situation of divorce.
- Estate Planning – We espouse proper and timely estate planning, whether in the form of a will, a trust, or a lifetime gift, to help your family and loved ones at the time of your death. We understand the law, and will draft your documents to minimize the negative impact to your assets.
Why Choose the Law Office of Lance H. Meyer?
At the Law Office of Lance H. Meyer, we want to earn your trust and your confidence so you know we are here to work for you and take care of all your legal needs.
- Trust – We start by offering a complimentary consultation to learn about you and your situation. Armed with this knowledge, we develop the best strategy and approach, and make the best recommendation for moving forward. This initial consultation also serves to help you learn about us.
- Competence – We combine the capabilities of available technology with our legal expertise to formulate legal strategies that are sound and tailored to your unique case. With proper legal representation on your side, you can reduce the stress and heartache that usually accompanies family law matters.
- Attention to You – From your first phone call to our office, we provide service that is friendly, caring, and compassionate, and when it comes time to fight for your rights, we are focused and objective, while also serving your needs and interests aggressively. Unlike the cookie-cutter approach many law firms use for their clients, we work closely with clients to provide an individual, personalized strategy, and aim to achieve each client’s goals in as cost-effective and stress-free a manner as possible.
- Professional Affiliations – Lance H. Meyer, Esq. is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, and the Nassau County Bar Association.
- Awards and Recognitions – Mr. Meyer is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star peer and professional development recognition for the New York Metro area 2015, 2016, 2017
- Avvo.com® Client Choice award winner, 2015, 2016, 2017
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys™ “10 Best” Attorneys for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service for New York
- Recognized by Lawyers of Distinction as an attorney in the “Top 10% in the USA”
- Cost – Our fees are reasonable and competitive.
- Discounts – Discounted retainers and hourly rates are available for all military veterans, police officers, fire fighters, court officers, New York State court employees, and New York State teachers.
- Availability – Our phone line is available 24/7 to take your call.
So that you can make fully informed decisions, the Law Office of Lance H. Meyer provides thoughtful counsel in every situation and every step of the way, and we do so with honesty, integrity, and full dedication to you. As a family law expert in the greater New York City & Long Island Area, we make your case our priority and provide you with legal representation that achieves the results you desire. Contact our office today and schedule your free consultation with the Law Office of Lance H. Meyer.